Monday, January 5, 2009

A Greyhound Ride

I had to ride Greyhound for about six hours yesterday, so there wasn’t a whole lot of cooking taking place.

That being said: my expenses were rather easy to handle.

I ate a bagel for breakfast and a bagel with peanut butter on it prior to getting on the bus. Homefries were made as a side for lunch, since I had purchased a large bag of potatoes prior to the New Year.

I also had an apple leftover from December that I took with me for the bus-ride. Clif Bars were on sale for $1.00 each, so I bought a few for the ride.

I had to buy fare on the city bus when I got into town, but I couldn’t locate a nickel. I paid $1.45 rather than the $1.50 fare.

Two Bagels: $1.00
Head of Garlic: $0.50
Onion: $0.42
Two Clif Bars: $2.00
Gum: $1.00
Lighter: $1.60
City Bus: $1.45
TOTAL: $7.97

As a side note, I should mention that I have been carrying around a Nalgene water bottle to ensure that I always have liquid on-hand. This will prevent me from unnecessary spending on bottled water or soft drinks. I am also a coffee-addict, but I have been brewing at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment